Wandler has a job opportunity available for a talented and ambitious Ready to Wear Designer.
Wandler is a luxury leather goods and footwear brand established in 2017. Clear in function and shape, Wandler shows a distinctive aesthetic: elegant with unexpected dimensions and a dynamic use of colors. Embodying modern femininity, each product is a reflection of the designer – as she is and who she aspires to be. Wandler is committed to sincere quality, each design is handmade in Italy.
Reporting to the Founder and Creative Director, Elza Wandler, you will contribute and support the delivery of seasonal collections alongside the design team.
The development and creation of an exceptional complete collection, with the main focus on tops, dresses, knits is in the foreground for you as a designer. With a lot of love for details, an eye for specialty, modernism, and your feeling for commercial trends, you will design a section and/or sections of Wandler’s RTW collection. You have a good eye for fits and workmanship, are fashionable and have experience in working with international factories.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Extensively research creative ideas and provide design input into relevant collections
- Work closely with the Creative Director and head of Design Elza Wandler, understanding the brands signature and bring in creative concepts, details and silhouettes.
- Help to shape the unmistakable signature of the brand with love to the detail and an eye for the extraordinary
- Hand and technical drawings for pattern maker and production use
- Attend fittings and collaborate with other designers in the team, associates and pattern makers for adherence to quality and brand standards
- Work with textile designers on print creation and presentation
- Follow the design process, from concept inception to finalization, under the brand’s Creative Director
- A fashion designer with a successfully completed degree in the field of fashion design with heart beats for high luxurious fashion, and a keen sense for trends.
- Familiar with the implementation of different product groups such as knitwear
- Always „up to date“ with very good knowledge of brands, markets, and target groups
- A true team player
- Blessed with high quality standards for yourself and your work
- Organized, flexible & committed
What you’ll need:
- You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- International work experience - preferably worked for an internationally recognized high end luxury fashion brand
- Advanced in photoshop and Illustrator – making technical sketches and tech packs
- Knowledge of patterns, being able to either mold on a mannequin or make your own patterns
- Being able to draw your ideas, either on the computer or hand drawings
- Fluent in English (verbal and in writing)
Does this motivate you? Please send your resumé, portfolio and motivation letter to email@example.com
Type: project based